Oak Ridge

Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge

Date: October - 1969

Location: North Carolina

This report came from a friend of a witness involved in a tragic UFO chase incident. Unfortunately the witness died in Vietnam during the war, so little more information can be obtained.

This incident happened sometime around 1969. He was a radar tracking airman located someplace in North Carolina. The situation involved a series of UFO reports over the Atomic Energy Commission research facility down at Oak Ridge. On the final date of the incidents which I...obviously, it was so long ago, I can only give you approximate times, it was sometime in October.

The Air Force scrambled two F-4 Phantoms, one with wing cameras, the other equipped with air to air missiles. The F-4s got to within about 5 miles when the 2 unidentified objects took off at a fairly high rate of speed and outdistanced them by about 60 miles in less than about 10 seconds. They stopped a second time. The F-4s continued their chase. They went to afterburners because there was a burst of speed on the radar scope.

The next thing that happened was one of the blips from the F-4s completely vanished off the screen. About 10 seconds later, the second F-4 vanished off the screen. At the time, they were about 3 miles off the 2 UFOs when they finally disappeared.

Okay, now he was told directly not to give out any information about the incident. The base where he was stationed at had a paramilitary hospital. And they did find wreckage because he had to give them coordinates approximately where the F-4s went off the radar scope. A lot of material like the titanium had been crystallized. Some of the plastic had been shattered. The jets parts were scattered over a distance of about 8 to 9 miles. The approximate height when the first one went off the screen was about 25,000'. At afterburners, if they exploded, or whatever the situation was, they would have spread debris all over the place. And this was fairly consistent with what they found. They found both the captain of the aircraft and ordnance office who is the copilot of both jets. As far as I know, they are still in a military mental institution. They have little or no faculties.

Now he violated the trust in telling a few of his friends and subsequently, sometime in 1971 was sent to Vietnam. The last thing I had heard was that he had been killed in action someplace near Da Nang near one of the perimeters. Which didn?t make any sense to me at the time because he was a trained radar intercept operator, and there would have been no reason for him to be going into a combat situation. He was part of a special unit in 1969. I?m trying to remember what it was. He had been trained by the NSA. But the group that he was working with specifically had their own special radar set up. It was probably sponsored by the NSA, but it was a military operation. It was all Air Force personnel except that the only strange thing about it was they didn't have a colonel in charge of their group.

It was somebody from the NSA.

| Home | About Us | Directory of Directories | Recent Additions | Top 10 Pages | Stories | Links |

web counter