Min Min Light
First Observed in 1918
Location: Boulia, South West Queensland, Australia
The Min Min light, Australias Unidentified Luminescent Object or ULO has given light on and off for some 80 years. The light got its name from the old Min Min “pub” and mail-change, which used to stand on the boundary of two big stations: Warenda and Lucknow. Its history dates from about 1918, when, as legend has it, an unfortunate stockman who encountered the light, soon after the Min Min shanty or hotel was burnt down. He was riding from Warenda Station to Boulia on a somewhat cloudy night. At about 10 pm, as the stockman passed the Min Min locality a strange glow appeared right in the middle of the little cemetry located at the rear of the old hotel. The glow appeared to grow to the size of a small watermelon, hover over the graveyard, and then move off in the same direction the stockman was travelling. Terrified, the man galloped towards Boulia with the light allegedly following him all the way, until he reached the outskirts of town. Not surprisingly, police and locals gave the poor man’s story little credence.
Other Ghost Lights